Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) is a highly effective non invasive option for muscular disorders including spasms, tightness, injuries, and repetitive stress injuries like tendonitis. This soft tissue approach locates and reduces adhesions, restrictions or scar tissue in the fascia covering of the muscle. The instrument is then applied to the tissue creating an inflammatory response and stimulating the production of new collagen. IASTM is appropriate for many people who suffer from chronic pain, rotator cuff injuries, knee injuries, ITB syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, elbow tendonitis, strains/sprains, neck/back pain, and even plantar fasciitis!
Benefits of IASTM
- Reduces treatment time
- Improves rehabilitation/recovery
- Eliminates the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves acute and chronic conditions
- Gets you back on the field, court or gym
* IASTM is generally administered in a series of 10 sessions and can be used almost anywhere on the body. Treatments generally take 10-15 minutes.
“I had been suffering with Tennis Elbow for many months, and within a couple of treatments with IASTM my pain was gone” ~ Tony R.